Thursday, July 31, 2008

Of Dreams...

I seldom dream nowadays. I don't know why. Or maybe I have forgotten about it when I wakes up in the morning.

I realised also that I only dream at nigh time, never did I dream when I take a nap, which usually is in the afternoon, i.e. on Sundays. Or perhaps that nap is very short, not enough to 'create' dreams..

When it comes to dreams, especially bad dreams, my dear wifey is always a pessimist on this matter. When I tell her about my bad dreams, she will become worried.

I've dreamt of snakes chasing & biting me, some unrecognisable monster terrifying me and many more. Each time I tell her about it, she will become worried and will say 'tidak bagus tu..'. and she will be worried for some time, longer if my dreams gets very bad or scarier. She even ask me to be careful at times.

As for me, I always tells her that it's just a dream. That it is our 'mind playing with our thoughts'. Not saying that I do not want to believe her or take what she says or advice for granted, but I am a 'positive' person. So, I wouldn't really take too much attention to dreams, even if it scares the hell out of me! Another reason I don't want to take much attention of my dreams is that I don't want to be worrying or hoping too much (if it's a good dream... hehehe). Perhaps, I don't want to be a superstitious person.

When I was still studying at tertiary level, I once dreamed of a 'black-faceless thing' terrifying me. I remember that I was sleeping on my very bed (at college) and all of a sudden I am levitated slowly onto the ceiling. I cried for help to my French room-mate but I can't hear any sounds coming out from my mouth. And on that ceiling, there is the 'black-faceless thing' waiting for me. I remember 'it' to be laughing and saying something that scares me, which I can't recall now.

At first, I didn't pay too much attention to this scary dream. Then it repeated twice a week. And it becomes more regular, even repeated every day! What scares me is that it is the same dream repeated over and over again... like repeating a scene from a DVD movie. It goes on for 2-3 months!! I become so scared that I went to see some people whom I got to know in the Church at PJ to pray for me. And yes, after they prayed over me, the dream never 'resurface'. After that, I never had any dream of this nature.

Well, enough of my 'scary' dream. The thing is, I always treat dreams as just something played by our mind or brains. There's a scientific explanation to dreams, I believe. But for many Asians, IMO, some people are quite 'superstitious'. Some even claim can predict dreams. I don't want to offend them but at the same time, I also believe that some people are 'gifted'.

Anyway, last night, I dreamed that my good ol' Kalabau (car) was stolen. I looked for it frantically. Only thing is that it seems I was looking for my car at the same area where I left it before it was stolen. In between the dream, I can't remember how the story goes. But at the ending of the dream, I did manage to 'find' my Kalabau back, but its 'body' already been changed to some other car model (I think it's a Proton Wira) . But still I can recognise the 'sound' of my car (engine sound, that is) though, so I am very sure it's my dear Kalabau. But the thieves manage to run away with it before I could catch them.... (this is a true dream, I didn't make them up.. in case you are asming)

As to whether I want to tell my wife about this dream, I don't know. But maybe I just keep it to myself. I don't want her to worry too much. enough with her worrying about our little JJ and not worrying about some small and 'meaningless' things...

Hop.. hop.. by Hombidai

14 comments:

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

sia pernah mimpi lompat from a very high cliff. it felt so real sampai sia terbangun. maybe ko mau tukar kereta kali?

Lab papa said...

Me too Hombi, I don't really care much bout my dream. Although it's fun to tell people and talk about, especially scary one.

During our sleep, our memory is being restructure. That's why most of our dreams are related to what we have experienced during the day time, with exception to the hombi's dream about the 'dark night'.

So dreaming is normal. I always thinking of trying to control my dream to make it more fun. Perhaps something like the movie 'matrix' muhahaha

Lab papa said...

BTW, ya bah, mcm si rin-chan bilang, mengkali ko mo ganti 'karabau' with 'kuda'? 4wd? heheh

Hombidai said...

hahaha... adei. dgn kenaikan harga minyak (& rumours next year mau naik lagi.. ntah dari mana dia dengar) my wifey is against buying 'kuda' or yg better dr si kalabau lab papa & rin-chan

(tapi kalu ada best juga..ahahaha)

that's why sia nda mau peduli mimpi2 sia ni.. tidak mau false hope...

kalu sia crita sama satu kawan, misti suruh pi beli numbur punya... adeii... tapi sia nda pandai beli numbur hahahaha

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

haha lab papa, kalau macam matrix tu bukan macam a bit scary ka..

Lab papa said...

Hombi,

tinguk2 dulu, kulita yang consume less petrol heheheh...

rin-chan,

Mo jadi Neo bah kunu ni

KaDusMama said...

wah..if i tell my dad about ur dream, sudah kena predict the dream = 4d ...lepas tu kena suruh beli d kedai..lepas tu kena!! ahahahah!

Hombidai said...

kdmama - hahaha.. bulih juga, klu kana nanti kita share..hehehe

lab papa - haha, wifey suruh beli yg kicil2.. bagus dia bilang senang parking & sikit minyak guna..hehe

Unknown said...

hombidai & lab papa, likewise i don't care about my dream. As you say.. it's just our mind playing about our thoughts. Believe it or not.. i can manipulate my own dream. I still recall of a dream i had about someone chasing me.. so i said to myself, hey..this is just a dream, i can pretend that i'm invisible.. and it worked! And if i said i want to fly.. I will fly. It was great fun. LOL

Hombidai said...

Hi Gail..

wow, bulih control dream pula ko aaa? hehehe.. maybe i'll give it a try next time i dream... hehe

Lab papa said...

Hi Gail,

I think I will apply for you class on how to control your dream hahahahaha..best oh

Poppet said...

for me, sia jarang mimpi, very-very jarang mimpi, klu mimpi pun sia tidak ingat tu mimpi bila sia bangun... tidak ingat the details.. but there are times yg bila sia mimpi sia ingat betul tu mimpi and that one sia selalunya berjaga-jaga esp yg tidak bagus. Call nme superticious about mimpi but sia selalu mimpi yg betul2 terjadi in future, klu tidak exactly the same jalan cerita dia punya msg is the same. Kdg2 tu mcm deja vu sebab pernah sudah alami dlm mimpi.. so sia selalunya berhati-hati dgn mimpi sia :). Sometimes I treat them as a warning in advance by God to me :).

Poppet said...

hombi: sia pernah mimpi kepala sia kena tarik ( masa di hostel juga ni) and bila sia bangun, sia masih rasa kepala sia kena tarik.. mo praypun tidak terkluar dr mulut oo.. PTL, stop juga tu tarikan, klu inda putus kepala mengkali ooo.

Lab papa said...

Poppet,
Mana bikin takut, yang tarik kapala ka atau si SALLY? hahaha