Monday, August 25, 2008

My 'cup of coffee' this Monday afternoon..

I was sleepy today and tried to find something to amuse myself, then I found the following proverbs, ‘hiding’ on some corners of my desk calendar, which I did not noticed before…. So I share my ‘cup of coffee’ this sleepy afternoon..

(perhaps these proverbs are translated from another language i.e. Chinese because I found some of them quite funny..)

Idea – idea comes when you are not aware [is it?]

Time – never put off till tomorrow what you can do today [true. Try my best no to procrastinate.. but sometimes I can’t help it]

Imitation – no man ever yet became great by imitation [perhaps what this proverbs mean is that we must be ‘original’ or ‘be ourself. Or don’t ‘ciplak-menciplak’…LOL’]

Leadership – a leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way [some call themselves ‘leaders’ but ‘lost’ along the way because of stupid mistakes or too proud of themselves…]

Education – when the student is ready, the master appears. [What?]

Optimism – the pessimist see the difficulty in every opportunity; the optimist see the opportunity in every difficulty [I agree 100%]

Innovation – success or failure, is often determined on the drawing board [errr… well… yea… (a bit confued)]

Teamwork – where there is unity, there is always victory [tho’, sometimes there will be some ‘kaki tumpang’ in a team, right?]

Wisdom – wisdom is to understand that the world is ever-changing [do you need wisdom to realize that the world is ever-changing??]

Motivation – satisfaction lies in the effort not the attainment. Full effort is full victory. [I might agree there…]

Tenacity – giving up is the ultimate tragedy… [okay..]

Attitude – there is nothing wether good or bad, but your attitude make it so. [err… yes… yeah..]

So there you go… hey! It’s Monday folks!!! Yippeeeee…..

5 comments:

KaDusMama said...

hehehe..direct translation kah suma tu?? some sounds weird kan??
but still..i like ini..
"Motivation – satisfaction lies in the effort not the attainment. Full effort is full victory"

Lab papa said...

With my poor English, I had to open my dictionary for several times hahahahah.

Anyways, I would like to add about imitation. People do imitate others. But be sure you do better. Example, A makes car, but B makes car that flies. Hahahah bole kah ni?

Happy monday!

MJ Diaries said...

TIME..I always race against time..Why? Procrastination!! My biggest weakness. Erghh!!!I just can't help it most of the time. Kuang Kuang Kuang...

Hombidai said...

it's sure sounds weird sometimes Kdmama...

Agree with you Lab Papa, kalu mau ciplak, biar hebat!! hahaha

MJ.. hahaha...

Poppet said...

iyalah, sound weird.. tapi ble pakai jugalah

labpapa & hombidai, klu buat lagi hebats tu bukan ciplak namanya.. itu improve hehehehhehe, might kena IP infringement tapi still ble claim the improvement as your IP.