Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Bengong"...

A few days ago, I wrote to an architect firm who is the consultant for our project (name withheld for obvious reasons.. haha) about problems with the roof design. In that submission, our roof designer clearly explained that the roof edges do not ‘meet’ at the same level (found out about this while they are designing the roof trusses for that particular part of the building) if they follow the pitch of the roof as specified in the architectural drawings.

I have attached the roof truss drawings (Lampiran 1) with the comments of the designer on it so as to transfer the message to the architect clearly.

Though my memo is in Bahasa Malaysia, as this is our official correspondence language for the project concerned, our Designer’s comments is in English.

Then a day later, I received the architect firms’ memo with this comments:-

nzn

“Di dalam lampiran “1” yang dikemukakan adalah lukisan (the name of our designer) dan ianya berbeza dengan lukisan kami”

When I first read the memo… my mind goes ‘blank’ for a few seconds.. I couldn’t understand what they are talking about. Then I read it twice… and I laughed!!

I clearly wrote in my letter that we are asking for their advice/ comments on the roof design problem based on the findings by our roof truss designer. Well, if that person couldn’t really understand BM, then I believe she will understand the designer’s comments as it is in English.. yupp.. plain English. It doesn’t take a rocket science to understand what we are asking about…

And if you read back the above comment by them.. do you think they have answered my queries?

Of course the drawings attached are not the same with their drawings as it is the roof truss drawings. Anybody will surely understand that. It is only attached to highlight/ indicate the problems concerned so that the architect understand what we are talking about. Nevertheless, the roof truss design is based on the architectural drawings drawn by the said architect firm..

The architect firm or the person who replied our queries is, I am sorry to say this, is ‘bengong’. As I have said earlier, it doesn’t take a rocket science to understand our queries.

Or perhaps that person did not really read through our query and simply reply just for the sake of replying us quickly? (note : they reply within a day)

If I am that person and I don’t understand what the letter is all about, I will surely contact the originator of the query and get further explanation/ clarification before replying. (Hence, I normally write at the end of my letter – “If you have further query, kindly contact the undersigned” – be it in English or BM.

Otherwise that reply letter will look stupid.

Haiyaaa…

4 comments:

KaDusMama said...

hehheeee...!! mau juga dia balas dalam malay bah kan..akaka!!

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

memang bengong.. btw, ada tgk Gildong last nite? cute kan dia manja-2 sama Yinok hehehe.. and nda mau share tu "ubat" sama Changwhe haha..

Hombidai said...

tu lah tu Kdmama.. hahaha

rin-chan - hehe... Gildong merajuk sebab tidak kena tolong/ ambil perhatian walaupun dia cedera.. tapi pandai cari 'ubat' sendiri..

Yinok pula - always clueless si changwi bilang.. hahaha memang lucu semalam tu..

The Explorer said...

Hmm... I'm extremely curious about this.. not being biased I must see the so called architects' roof plan and their elevations showing how the roof should be like. of course in the roof plan, the roof's pitch should be indicated clearly and this should be reflected on the elevations. and yes - this is not a rare nor a common occurance, but it does happen occasionally between the architect's design and roof designers' so called 'shop' drawings.