Monday, June 30, 2008

The unsung hero...

“We’re in a shock!!” says Jens Lehman after the Final. You could see their ‘unbelieving faces’ after the final whistle. You bet you are, Pak Leman. “Nahhh.. baru kamu tau!!”, “kotoh” et al.. and I stop short of using more extreme abusive language to the “Jolomon”.

Spana Jaya, you made my days, viva!!!

Right after the end of the EPL season 2007/08, my good friend Henry told me how boring it will be waiting for the new season to start. Of course, he is still celebrating the double winning season of his (I hate to mention this.. arrgggghhh). (Yea, yea, he’s a Mancs, allright). In club football, we are sworn-enemies, but both of us support the same national team, England. When Steven Gerrard and co. crashed out of Euro ’08, Henry spoke about the ‘b’ words. Well, I said, what to do lah… we have to live with it.

So, a couple of weeks prior to Euro ’08, I was ready face bleak months without footie. I said to myself, I don’t want to have anything to do with Euro ’08… I guess I was wrong. Totally wrong. A weird feeling tells me that I don’t have to live a miserable life during EPL’s off-season. As if some one spoke to my head saying “Why don’t support Spain? Torres, Pepe Reina, Arbeloa & Xabi Alonso is there. Or the Oranje for that matter since Dirk Kuyt & Ryan Babel is in the team?”. (well, Babel was out a few weeks before Euro due to injury).

I never liked the Dutch though (although I like Dutch Lady – not THE lady, but the ‘susu’.. no, not what you think it is ya!). So it was obvious I ‘adopted’ Espana – or Spana Jaya, as what I call them. And they didn’t disappoint me… hey, they won, didn’t they.

So here I was proclaiming my allegiance Spana Jaya throughout Euro’08. They started brilliantly by demolishing Russia and of course there was the Final. The crowning glory after they won it 40 years ago… hooorrayy to the Spaniards.

Of course, during the games I always want to look for Torres and the Liverpool contingents in each games. But of course there was David Villa, who is also rumored to be linked with Liverpool, including the nippy David Silva. But the player that really caught my eyes is Marcus Senna. He was the ‘Protector’ of the centre-backs. He played brilliantly throughout Euro’08. He was, in my opinion, one of the factor that won Spana Jaya the Cup. He was reliable and very strong, breaking up attacks from the opposing team. He reminds me of Javier Mascherano of Liverpool.

Initially I was angry at the Old Man Aragones because he didn’t play Xabi Alonso. But after the first game, I have forgotten about Xabi (I’m sorry Xabi!!). Senna is cool and composed throughout his games and I would say, he is the unsung hero. He didn’t get much publicity like Torres, Villa, Fabregas or Silva.. but he did caught the attention of many people, including me. Too bad he didn’t connect to Iniesta’s cross in the Final, otherwise he would have scored. Marcus Senna – you’re the man!!

Spana Jaya - you made my 'EPL holidays' great...

Fernando Torres - I told them that you would score in the Final

Marcus Senna - you're the man!!!


8 comments:

Lab papa said...

spanar jaya, yeeiihaaa...

memang zi zerman mcm tia picaya jak muka derang...waktu kasi sampai adiah, ada tu sala seorg bigshots yang lady tu (asal zerman)..time spain dia salam begitu2 jak hahaha

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

muahahaha.. macam kasian jua ba muka dorang tu.. lab papa, blonde lady tu ka? lama betul dia salam si ballack. euro suda abis, boring la..

Lab papa said...

iya..dia lah tu hahaha

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

ya bah she's the only lady ba kan.. except for the queen time spain ambik hadiah ja dia pi bebaris sampai berlaga-laga pipi sama casillas

Hombidai said...

tu pompuan zerman - bukan dorang punya polosidin kah tu? merkel something?..

paling siok time pemain2 spain kasi tapuk itu game ball dalam baju dorang.. hahahaha... mau burn buat kenangan la mgkin tu... maklumlah 44 tahun sejarah dicipta semula bagi mereka

apapun Viva Spana Jaya!!!

rin-chan : tunggu EPL lah.. hehehe (tapi ya.. boring. semalam tengo repeat final lagi..haha)

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

semangat tinguk repeat aa.. dulu time WC 2006 sia pun rajin tinguk repeat esp. Italy becos Italy yang menang haha..

EPL macam suda boring.. last season langsung nda tinguk. Man U punya new players pun nda tau suda sepa-2 nama dorang tu

Lab papa said...

ko tahan juga tinguk tu WC2006 punya final..sia tia tahan woo..I was with Italy juga bah, tapi bila si matterazi buat gitu sama Zidane, walaupun menang tapi tida SIUK bah org bilang...tapi Buffon sa tatap suka

Hombidai said...

lab papa & rinc-chan : huhu.. sia x pula tingu Final WC06 - frust tertonggeng England out.. sampi kes Mata-Razi & Zidan sia hanya tau besok hari di paper.. sandih sia ni

rin-chan : aisey.. ko sda retire tingu EPL pula ni... tapi sia harap Cristiano Ronaldo piRela madrid lah... hehehe