Monday, July 21, 2008

Are you happy with your job?...

Last week, I’ve read in the newspaper about many Malaysian workers regret their career choice, according to a survey. The news says “almost two-third of worker’s in Malaysia said that they would have studied something totally different after leaving school if given chance while one in eight said they choose the wrong career”. It is also reported that “quite a few regret the direction that their job has taken them”.

I remember some times back Kadusmama blogged something about the IT career, something about ‘I didn’t choose IT, IT choose me…”

Last but not least, the news concluded that “66% of respondents in Malaysia were happy with their career choice, while 13% said they made the wrong choice and 21% were not sure.

Okay, so anyone of you is one of the 115,000 people surveyed in Malaysia? If not, what do you think of this survey? Are any of you feels that you have chosen the wrong career? Or that you regret your current job and where it is taking you?..

Of the percentage, in which bracket are you? One of the 66%, 21% or 13%?

As for me, I am in the 66% bracket. Although I am not able to choose my choice of career, I am still happy that I got a proper job and satisfied with what I am doing now…hahaha.. I’ve worked hard to learn the job I am doing now so I can’t be saying I am not satisfied or happy. I am still learning the trade though. But maybe also, I am fated to be in the field that I am doing now, kan?..hehehe

So what do you all think friends?

10 comments:

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

For my current job, I'm with you, in the same bracket of 66%.
Although I never once regret of my past career in the hotel industry. Sometimes I still miss the working environment & etiquette.
Btw, on second line you spelled career as carrier ^^ typo error la hombidai

Hombidai said...

alamak rin-chan.. ya lah..typo error.. nanti sia edit aaa...alalala

Lab papa said...

Hmm, sa rasa sa kerja di bidang yang memang sepatutnya sa berada. dan sa begitu bersyukur kerana dapat kerja dalam R&D. Tapi mula2 abis belajar, sa kerja di tourism line, asal bekerja dan dapat cari makan serta tidak menyusahkan org tua..serta halal. Mana ada kemahuan, di situ ada jalan. yehaaa...

Hombidai said...

lab papa - yesireee... betul cakap ko.. sia stuju... yg penting nda menyusahkan sesiapa esp org tua kita..

KaDusMama said...

i used to love my current job until all the people in the office dumping all their work to me..i really hate my job now..tinggal tunggu masa mau lari jak nie..biar lah jadi suri rumah sepenuh masa..daripada keja macam gila, tapi still orang cakap..sia d opis duduk tia payah buat keja..
aiseh..merapu d blog ko pulak..haha

Hombidai said...

kdmama.. ko serius ni? jan sj bos ko tebaca ni.. huhuhu (tp mustahil juga dia tau siapa kadus_mama kan? heheh)

ooo amu jadi full time housewife aaaa...

sia jd full time Mr. Mama lah..hehehe (habis kalu wifey baca ni!!)

Lab papa said...

kadusmama,

uik..bukan tu ari bilang bus nu suda tau ko punya blog hahaha..tapi ni blog si hombi tia juga dia pandai blog hop tu hahahha

KaDusMama said...

hombidai, sia rasa boss nda tau juga blog sia tu..hahaha dia buta IT..wakaka! punya jahat bah kan!
Boss memang tau sia online d opis, tapi dia nda tau sia buat keja sampingan masa keja..blogging for money..hahaha!!

Hombidai said...

ooo buat karaja sampingan ko aaaa kdmama...hehehe

The Explorer said...

hombidai.. ko masi kraja sama si chong kok vui ka si agnes??