Monday, July 21, 2008

Try-Test-Kinam Hombidai's Style...

Once in a while, JJ’s mom (my dear wifey) would ask me what to cook for dinner, and being a ‘chicken lover’, I would always suggest everything that has got to do with chicken - from chicken curry, chicken soup to ‘siken wings’… of course she will oblige but if it gets too much ‘chicken’ all the time, she will complain and ask me for other things not based on 'chicken'. When first I learn how to 'cari makan' at Poppet's kitchen, I did suggest a few..hehehe (Thanks Poppet)

A couple of days ago, JJ’s mom ran out of idea what to cook for dinner again.. I wanted to but I resisted the idea of suggesting more chicken recipe, as I was not in the mood to eat heavy dinner with rice (rice is 'mahal' nowaday's also hehehe). Thanks to Lab Papa and Poppet, I got a good idea of what to suggest other than my favourite food. So, here is the picture of what we eat for dinner that night… it wasn’t a warung style burger, nor it was a sloppy burger.. but it’s my try-test-kinam homemade burger, prepared entirely by hombidai… I wanted to do it so my wife have the TV all by herself watching ‘Cinderella’, while our JJ was running around the house, doing everything from climbing chairs and tables, throwing his toys, putting anything that he is able to get his hands on his mouth etc.

It was a beef burger (not chicken though. Strangely, I don’t like the taste of a chicken burger) wrapped with eggs, including margarines, tomatoes, cheese and of course, some chilly sauce.

And today, based on the ideas I got from Lab Papa and Poppet’s ‘kitchen’ also… I come up with Hombidai’s Try-Test-Kinam Sandwich. It’s actually a normal sandwich with peanut butter and margarine spread with a piece of KRAFT’s cheese. But what I think quite special is that I put the sandwiches in an oven and heat it for 1 minute to melt the cheese. It’s quite yummy, IMO, because the melted cheese tasted so good. Or maybe I was hungry, but JJ and his mom liked it also.. hehehe..

Here is the picture of Hombidai’s Try-Test-Kinam Sandwich. The one with a burger bun is actually the left-over bun from a couple of days ago when we had my version of homemade burger..



And of course we ate the the burgers with Coca-cola. But the sandwiches I ate together with a mug of 'kupi', 'Milo' for JJ's mom and 'warm water' for JJ..hehe

(P/s : the quality of the picture is not good though, as it was taken with my good ol’ digital camera. But bulihlah.. kampung-kampung kan..hehe)

6 comments:

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

try toast kaya + cheese. sedap juga

KaDusMama said...

wah!! banyak juga ko taruh mayo tu hombidai???

Hombidai said...

rin-chan : nda brapa suka kaya..hehehe

kdmama : bukan mayo.. tapi cheese yg kena kasi 'melt' dlm oven..hehe

Lab papa said...

Hombi,

wainah bos. cayalah. Makan burger sama coke rasa2 mcm di mcD atau di BK bah kan, tapi lagi murah!!!

Best best!

Hombidai said...

lab papa - hahaha.. ala ala BK lah kunun2..

kadang2 malas mau makan nasi jadi mencari idea.. hehe

(idea dari ko ni lab papa...)

Poppet said...

nah kan ada juga hasil ko lumpat2 di blogkan... hehehehe.. dpt makan burger yg murah tapi mengikut citarasa sendiri...
bagus2... jgn beli tu di gerai2 tu terlampau mahal... bukan sedap juga.