Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I was so worried...

Early this morning before going to work and while my wifey is having a bath, I was taking care of my 1-year plus son, JJ

At that time, I have just finished giving him milk to drink in our bedroom. Normally, I would have put the milk bottle away while cradling him or ask him to walk with me.

But what I did was what I will regret. I actually left him for a blink of an eye to just put the milk bottle on the table which is just outside the bedroom door. He was, at that time was sitting happily on the mattress (we have taken out the bed and put into the other room as we don't want JJ to fall from the bed). I was just turning around to go and get him back, but in the same moment, he fell off the mattress and hit his head on the wall!!! There was a loud 'thud'... my goodnesss!!!

Wahhhh... I was very shocked and quickly get him. I calmed him down and rubbed his head where I think has hit the brickwall. My wife also come running out of the bathroom to see what happened. she took JJ from me to calm him down as he was crying quite hard. Then he vomitted. Probably because he just had his milk.

I was soooo worried, even until now. I kept on texting my wife to see if he is okay or not. I hope there's no internal injury or anything... God plaese help. I am worried... quite worried

It was my mistake.. I took the chance to put away the bottle, neglecting JJ for a blink-of-an-eye... what a terrible mistake is that... and I am still worried... :<

22 comments:

Lab papa said...

Paham perasaan nu Hombi.

Anak sa tido pun sa balik2 p check napas, sampai begitu sekali kan.

Hopefully semua ok. JJ musti kuat!!!

Hombidai said...

TQ lab papa - ko taulah kan... perasaan takut jadi apa2 selalu dikepala nie.. haha

thanks

Hombidai said...

I think I will bring him to clinic after work today....

KaDusMama said...

hombidai ~ my son masa umur 5 months pernah jatuh from our bed and kepala landing atas lantai dulu..sia punya tekejut sampai begegar badan satu hari..I really regret sampai blaming myself behari2. Nasib my son tia apa2 juga, and i'm sure ur JJ will be fine too. Jan ko risau ok..

*msg to lab papa : hehehe..sia dulu pun macam tu..masa anak 1st, balik2 check masih benapas kah baby sia..gila oh kan..

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

alamak.. poor JJ. Hopefully everything will be alright.

Yup better check with doctor. Give us the update ya.

Hombidai said...

kdmama - i regret what i did... i won't forgive myself... haiyaaa

rin-chan - thanks. will update again ...

mcm nda bernapas sia di upis ni ingat my JJ... haiyaaa

MJ Diaries said...

Hombidai,
Don't blame yourself on what had happened. It was an accident. Anyway, just a quick tips..you need to monitor him for about 24 hours. Normally if he has any injury there will be side effects that you can see within this time frame such as fever, nausea (vomit) and behavioral change liek he doesn't want to drink his milk or being passive. For adults it will take slightly longer before we could see the impact of an accident. So..it your baby doesn't show those symptoms you can rest you worries. I was like you last time, was really worried whenever my kids fell but the tips from the pediatrician helps a lot. Anyway, even I know about this tip I would still go to see a doctor just to for affirmation. :) Mom's nature kot.

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

oo hands down to MJ Diaries..

Hombidai said...

MJ - thanks very very much for the info... appreciate it...

thanks...

Lab papa said...

MjDiaries = Black Kid on the Blog???

Linachu said...

Hi Hombidai
I think all parents go through that. My daughter pun ada beberapa kali jatuh, knocked her head, etc...memang betul2 rasa guilty and takut juga kalau ada apa2. But we can't hold on and feel guilty. Cos we're doing our best juga as parents. The important thing I guess, to try to avoid it in the future and check with a doctor if you are really worried. But someone once told me, babies are actually tougher and stronger than we think...so am hoping all is Ok with your JJ.

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

Lab papa: yup, MJ = Black Kid hehe..

Hombidai said...

Linachu - thanks for the advice & visiting my simple blog... appreciate it

Lab papa & Rin-chan - we nabbed the 'Pirate'?.... hehehe

Thanks everyone for the advice to me, Hombidai the Tadika Level dad... it's been heartening & comforting to hear from u all. You know la kan how a 'first time' dad or mom is ...hehehe

Anyway, update on JJ - I took the advice of MJ & waited for 24 hours.. it seems he is okay.. no strange behaviour, though he did pick up a funny behaviour - look right into your eys and smile... but I think he is okay...

Thanks everybody...

Hombidai, wifey & JJ

Lab papa said...

Go go Hombi! Berusahalah (ala2 jpun)

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

Aja! Fighting! (ala-2 Korea) heheh..

Hombidai said...

thanks everbody... hehehe

Unknown said...

Glad JJ is doing fine! As everyone says.. as long as they're no change in behaviour then you're rest assured he's okay. Be prepare for many more falls.

Hombidai said...

thanks Gail... glad to hear from you (i hope my wifey and I can minimise the falls..hehehe)

Deana E said...

first time here and read your son sad fall..ouch,,must have hurt so much..

Hombidai said...

Deana E - thanks for visiting... it's really hurt him & also hurt his dad's feeling hehehe...

Poppet said...

i think anak jatuh2, knocked on something experience biasa bagi semua parents. But I know that feeling too, mcm kdmama bilang bergagar jantung.. klu sia mcm mo stop jantung sia eventhough sudah limpas, tapi bila ingat balik still ada that feeling inside me. Dont blame yourself too much hombi, every parents ada experience mcm ni especially when baby start pandai bergerak. But if he muntah or mcm tidak cergas during the day after that, better bawa check with dr. just a precaution lah

Poppet said...

lab papa: sia smpi 2nd babypun bila sia terbangun sia akan cek nafas dia... :). Dont worry, normal parents' punya action bah tu.