Monday, October 20, 2008

Visiting Lab Papa...

Last Saturday, Rizwan, me, my dear wifey and naughty JJ visited Lab Papa at his family house. We actually came unnoticed.. I wanted to contact Lab Papa first but somehow I didn’t. Rizwan asked me if Lab Papa know we are coming, I told him ‘we just barge in.. ’ (jokingly. haha). So, I apologize to Lab Papa for the inconveniences I have caused you…

If you noticed, I wasn’t ‘in’ my ramblings or hopping around the blogosphere for the past few days. I’m sorry for not replying you all also. There's a reason though...

We chatted with Lab Papa on many things… and one of the best parts is our chat on parenting. The three of us, who was in the same school together, has evolved to be a dad to a child. Rizwan has a 3-year old daughter; my JJ is 1 year 6 months while Lab Papa’s son is coming to 5-months. We had a good chat about our experiences on being a ‘daddy’.

Rizwan talked about how their shelves and tables are now empty – otherwise his daughter will ‘empty’ it for them hahaha. . Same case with my JJ, he is starting to ‘explore’ our tiny apartment day in and day out. Lab Papa – your time will come once your son is ‘ready’ to ‘help out’ around the house … hahaha

Lab Papa told us that his son is now like to grab his spectacles. (I have forgotten to tell Lab Papa that his son progress is very fast. My JJ only starts grabbing mine and wifey just before he turned one). Rizwan also told how his daughter have made his wife’s glasses ‘tekangkang’.. hahaha

Handphones is a necessity nowadays. I can’t imagine how’s Linachu handphone looks like now. Rizwan told us that she left her handphoe as it is after their daughter pluck off the key pads instead of repeatedly sending it for repair which costs about RM60!!! Rizwan did give us tips though – buy handphones which doesn’t have a sticking-out key pads – like his. It’s something like the Motorola Razr key-pads – just flat.

As you can see, Rizwan is more ‘experienced’ than me and Lab Papa, hence we enjoyed his stories shared. We had a good laugh that night. Thus, with our visit and the laughs and all can, at least, lighten Lab Papa’s ‘sad’ heart… I know he is. Who wouldn’t, isn’t it? I can see it at times, from his eyes and body language, that night. It is understandable. We are also very sad for his and his family loss.

Furthermore, I believe he is worried for his wife and son whom he is 'forced' to leave behind for a while in the Land of The Rising Sun. Thanks to technology, we are able to speak to his wife and son through the internet, real time. Since the computer is in the living room, it feels like they are with us all the time in the house.

Again, I hope that our visit has lightened the ‘burden’ inside Lab Papa’s heart... a little bit.

7 comments:

Nika said...

Hombidai,
Tq 4 your visit. And Thanks to Skype. Kami pun rasa nda la lonely sgt wlpun jauh beribu batu.

KaDusMama said...

Bagus lah kamu p lawat lab papa..I'm sure he appreciates ur visit..

Linachu said...

Ohooo..u guys were talking about my glasses and my phone, no wonder sia terbatuk2 malam tu. Heh...

Hombidai said...

nika - ya, kalu dulu2.. pakai telefon fixed line sj, pasti susah kan...

kdmama - lab papa is a good friend of mine.. jadi tu lah, kena support dia and family in whatever small things i can do

linachu - hahaha.. ko tau lah ni cerita-cerita 'bapa-bapa' hehe

Lab papa said...

Hombi,

Tq datang tu ari. Sa memang da niat mo cari kamu urg tu malam after tulung beli barang. Then kamu urg showed up memang kesiukan la sa, + dapat jumpa si JJ lagi.

Terima kasih lagi. Ko sama si hawk suda experienced dari sa. Tq banyak.

Macam mo buat kerja pun kurang semangat lagi.

Poppet said...

hehehehe..hari tu jumpa lab papa pun inda pandai abis cerita sampai hari mo gelap sudah... siap kasi edar "KOOL" lagi.. tapi inda pula dia bagi sama sia..isk isk isk :D

Hombidai said...

hahaha poppet... lab papa pasti rindu mo balik sini kan.. tiapa tunggu dia kasi habis apa yg dia mo buat disana dulu... nda lama juga tu..'KOOL'? pa tu? :O