Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's Roslan's story again...

It’s him again – Mr Roslan – a guy who really cheesed me off in my previous posting sometime ago..

Attended a meeting and he was present. He is of course on the Client side. He is not the chairman though but his actions and ‘mouth’ tells me as if he is the MAN at the moment. He talks loud (or can I call it shouting?); he talks as if he is all powerful, etc. what a show-off!! He talked like he knows everything – though at the meeting also, there are 3 other more senior officers. (These three senior officer also one kind, when asked to introduce themselves, they just whisper or murmur - we can't even hear them!! my goodness!! and throughout the meeting, they looked disinterested. They only come 'alive' when they have something to 'shoot' at us!! then, there is no point of them attending the meeting, IMO)

The chairman though is all humble and is respectful of us the contractors and consultants. He talked sense. And he conducts the meeting in a positive environment, at least that what I think, but this Mr Roslan, he just blew it. I pity the chairman, IMO.

Yes Mr Roslan, I understand that you want to get your message across but not with that way. You talked loudly, as if we are deaf. Don’t just blow off like a mad man lah.., we are not school children. (macam kami ni orang buduh yang tia tau apa-apa) Among us also are professional engineers, more senior and more knowledgeable than you. And you are not even an Engineer!!

The first words that come our from Mr Roslan’s mouth when it is his turn to speak (or perhaps it was not his turn?) is - “mana claim? Kenapa tidak hantar claim? Sudah berbulan-bulan tidak hantar claim” and goes off like a mad man, talked loudly, blabbing about why we didn’t submit a single cents to claim. I looked at the Chairman and I think he looked a bit embarrassed by Mr Roslan’s actions. The professional engineer just laughed off and said “ooo Kontraktor kaya bah…”. But this Roslan don’t want to ‘kalah’ and keep on blabbing that claims need to be submitted monthly bla la bla, with a loud voice and disrespectful tone…

Mr Roslan, Mr Roslan – all you ‘shout’ about in the meeting is “mana claim, mana claim” only, like it is a big big problem. Why didn’t you ‘shout’ about other more important things like why we are delayed/ behind progress etc? Is that the only thing of your concern or it is the only thing you know? tell me..

Mr Roslan – we are not demanding respect or anything but your actions are much to be desired. I’ve heard from many people outside, and you know what they say about you? – A big show-off!! – haha.. baru kau tau!!

Or is it you who actually demand respect? You want us to respect (and scared) of you through your ‘brilliant’ actions and way of doing things? Not!!! I only respect Mr Chairman – that is a person whom I will respect if you ask me. He didn’t asked for it but he gets it. Well done Mr Chairman. As for you Mr Roslan… you just keep on doing the way you want to do things and to hell I will respect you!!.. not in my lifetime lah. I think badly of you. I don’t know about others…maybe you get their respect. But I doubt it.

And I can confirm that you are a big show-off and big-mouthed fella. When the other contractor told the meeting that it is dangerous to take a boat to the islands on rainy seasons as the waves is big.. you just burst off by saying that you’ve been to Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian, Pulau Tioman in Semenanjung. Go ‘memancing’ and you are not scared of the big waves. “biasa tu”, “oklah tu”. “tiada masalah” you said. Just list out all the Pulau’s in Semenajung lah Roslan… as if we are some nincompoop who doesn’t know about your ‘Semenanjung’ (no disrespect to others ya..)

I am not a ‘nelayan’ but I’ve heard that you mustn’t talk big about not scared of the waves etc… it is a ‘pantang’ I guess. Must respect the sea, I’ve been told once. Same with the forest/ jungle. What if it really happens that a big wave strikes when you are in the ocean? “you will be crying in your pants” as the Engineer told you.

Mr Roslan – you are a big show-off and loud-mouth guy. I hope the seas didn’t hear what you have said… You kept quite (and lloked quite blur or disinterested when we are discussing about the fine engineering and management aspect of the project. Though you did ‘menyelit’ once in a while but it was nonsense and you went out of the meeting room quite often during that time. To the toilet maybe, whatever, but all you know is your “claim issue” ..

You really have ‘cheesed’ me off Roslan, you really have. You want me to respect you? Not in my lifetime…

9 comments:

Linachu said...

woahh..this guy really ticked you off huh?
i think i can imagine him from your description..yeah, i dislike those kinda people too..cakap besar and cakap macam senang saja..but what can you do, there are people like this and i don't think any amount of things you say to them can change how they are!

Nika said...

Harap Hombidai suda release tension lepas tekan tu Publish Post. Ba Hombidai cheer up today is sunday maa... bawa c JJ n wifey mansau2

The Explorer said...

Uih.. RECTUM-OPENING jua si Roslan ni!!! Ndak pa bah Hombidai.. just make sure if he board a boat.. take the next one!!

Lab papa said...

Hahahaha, if his rectum is already wide open then just stick something like carrot etc so he can't sit for the next meeting.

Just ignore this guys hombi. He just intolerable. Ingat lagi camna kita psycho org..jan layan buat cam dia tia wujud.

And if I were you, I would take Hawk's advice on taking a boat ride without Roslan seriously hahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

sounds like his garbage truck is always full before he meets with you guys. you need to fill up your garbage truck too and dump the rubbish on him :)

Hombidai said...

Thanks for the advise friends.. it really helps.. i find solace from you all

like what Lab Papa said, I have to ignore him, as we can't change people like him (Linachu). I have to dig and look for my 'IGNORE HIM' machine as I have 'misplaced' it somewhere.. haha

i will turn it ON next meeting if he starts to open his mouth again...

yup, mmg lega sikit bila tekan tu 'publish button, Nika.. but lagi lega bila dengar nasihat2 kamurang.. thanks.. and of course sudah mansau2 kemarin - though si JJ sia 'oungou' betul.. haha

"RECTUM-OPENING" - LOL!!!! it would be nice though if I can really stick something in it kan?.. hahaha..

I take your advice Hawk.. i will make sure i am not on the same boat with him...

oh no Aza... I wish I want to but I can't... hahaha... besides I am only 'makan gaji' with my company and I can't react extremely a.k.a dump my garbage on him hahaha..

thanks friends... have a great day today and the rest of the week ya...

carolchs said...

Roslan?? I somehow know a Roslan that fits your description Hombi...but that was years ago...dunno if this is the same Roslan or not. :)

Hombidai said...

errr... i hope it's not Chegu... I dunno if he is a Sabahan as he talks not of our slang... hahaha.. well, we just forget about him lah chegu.. hehehe :)

gbeejipp said...

Now I'm getting more curious mana satu ni urg nie..