Monday, December 22, 2008

Throw Durians at Them...

The shoe throwing incident on the outgoing US President, Mr George Bush has received a lot of attention worldwide. A lot of people, I believe, are praising the journalist who throws the shoes while shouting "This is your farewell kiss, you dog!", although there are, perhaps, some out there who condemn the act too.

Our Foreign Minister also praised it by saying, "That shoe-throwing episode, in my view, is truly the best weapon of mass destruction to the leader who coined the phrase 'axis of evil' to denote Iran, Iraq and North Korea"

Well, I don’t want to comment on that incident or the reactions to it. I better leave it at that...

As a culminations to that, I was actually wondering if we can we throw shoes to those people who insult women. Read my previous post here ... we may even use something of “local culture/taste”… like durians, eggs, etc.. how about that? If that guy can throw something at someone as powerful as Mr President Bush, why can’t we throw something at someone who is not as big as the US President?

And I wonder if the person who throws such things gets praise for that act?

Will someone say "That durian-throwing episode, in my view, is truly the best weapon of insult to the person who insulted women by their acts or words like ‘bocor’, ‘gua’ etc., treat women as though they are mere ‘things’,"…

I wonder…

Did I insult anyone?... if yes, I may get thrown at with something I suppose…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the article you quoted.."A Saudi man reportedly offered $10 million for the shoes"... why would anybody want to pay $10 million for a pair of shoes when a lot of people are dying because they don't even have one penny in their pockets?

wah. do some men really call women bocor, gua??? i don't think i need to throw anything at men who disrespect women. i can just give them a ROUND KICK right at their balls.

Hombidai said...

hahaha Aza.. THAT is way better than throwing durians at them!!!