Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Go Esther.. go Esther.. go Esther go…

Reality singing competitions are back!!.

Yes, One In A Million started about two weeks ago along with the greatest show in the US of A – American Idols (or so they claimed it to be). Coming soon too will be Akademi Fantasia. So, many individuals will be trying their luck to become instant artiste and somebody popular.. well, if they got it, they got it.

Frankly speaking, I am not really into AF as I am not too keen on their format. I am interested only for the ‘singing’ part. It bores me really watching the diaries, the gossips, whatever they want to show us viewers. I also do not really like watching the dancing and so on. As I said, I just want to listen to them sing, good or bad, karaoke or tone-deaf. Sometimes I don’t need to view the people singing; I just put the volumes loudly and do other things like play Football Manager 2009. (Okay, this is wasting electricity lah hahaha… don’t do this at home). What really attracts me is a singer with good voice, the greater the better. I don’t care how he/she looks. Take Clay Aiken as an example. I mean, during audition he really look very ‘kampungan’ IMHO…

I am sure, very very sure too that they will be thousands (and millions in the US) who will try their best to be like Simon, Randy, Paula and Kara or Paul Moss and Shafinaz. (Not too sure about AF though or what ‘evolution’ they want to make this year), albeit from the comfort of their living room. That will include Monsieur Hombidai… hehehe. Some people too are keen to show off their judging talents in the mamak restaurants. Believe me, I’ve seen and heard one guy before doing this one or two years back. Nutters, IMHO.

Last week, one particular comment that really makes me wonder whether its appropriate or not is Syafinaz’s comment to one rocker guy a la 80s rocker, Azweera. After listening to him singing painfully (I believe), Syafinaz commented “Ini bukan lagi menyanyi tapi menjerit. Menjerit pun bukan tapi menyalak..”..

Hmm.. frankly, I was taken aback on Syafinaz’s comment. It feels like a personal attack to that guy. And the look on that Azweera’s face was really hurt mixed with anger. Kesian. The way she said every bit of words also makes the comments very strong.

I think Paul Moss gives the best comments compared to Syafinaz, it doesn’t matter good or bad comments. If they are good, they are good. If not, then it’s not. Though many people especially the audience doesn’t like Paul Moss comments most of the times.

Well, it’s one’s own personal view, and this is my personal view on the judges. Like Simon Cowell said, “He is trying to say what the viewers expect to say on the contestants”. Meaning, if you’re not good, you don’t say he is good or he is okay. Just plain simple “Not good!!”

Anyway, all the best to Sabah’s sole representative Esther. She got what it takes to be next OIAM champion after Ayu (OAIM Season 2 Winner)… you go girl!!

Now I need to go and tapau some lunch..

 

esther

(pic credit as mentioned on it…)

4 comments:

Linachu said...

Who's your American Idol pick? I like Danny Gokey and somehow I like that Kris Allen singing Man in the Mirror last week...

I was such an AF fanatic in their first season..I really loved all their antics, I loved Vince's voice and the cat Nemo and the thing with Khai & Rosma... but it went slightly downhill in the 2nd season..then tambah lagi la in the 3rd when Mawi won..and then I didn't watch already after that...

I watch OIAM IF i happen to catch it..kalau ndak, ndak laa..

Hombidai said...

ha ha ha Linachu... :)

I still haven't decided on my pick for AI but have my eyes on Adam and Allison (the 16- year old girl with a big voice)..

Let's see the last group tonight ya..

MJ Diaries said...

Hommbidai..kalau aku ndak silap Pija tu pun Sabahan juga tu.

Hombidai said...

ooo ya kah MJ.. hhuhu.. sia nda tau pula dia tu Sabahan.. well, lagi bagus. rockers power juga dia tu...