Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My New Toy..

Got my new toy  more than a month ago. But I only got to use it last Sunday. Cost? RM70 only. Sale price the shop told me… since it was considered cheap and I really need it, I quickly tapau-ed it. Here it is…

 

potizukan

 

500W impact drill… wooohooo (well, nothing to shout about there, isn’t it?.. hehe)

In my previous posting, I told you about my ‘wait’ for the wiremen right? so, while waiting for them, I unpacked my new toy. Though this is a stupid idea. I should have unpacked and tested it right away after buying it as they only guarantee for 3 days!!! (I was confident that the simple test done in the shop was enough heheheheee)

So, my first project was fixing my wifey’s new PVC blinds – bought about two weeks ago from the new Putatan Servay Hypermarket. It’s a loooong way from my home since the Penampamng Servay was burnt down last year. But  I love shopping in Servay as i find items there a bit cheaper than Giant.

Anyway, coming back to my project, I was excited to do it since I really love DIY. It satisfies me, my heart and soul… :)

However, when I unpacked the PVC blind.. it is not as simple as what the instructions in the manual says. Actually, I couldn’t understand what it was trying to say. The English is okay (I’ve read many manuals from China’s product which has a very very ‘interesting’ instruction in English) but it’s toooooo simple. I end up throwing the so-called instructions and try to figure out myself how to fix it. It took me almost an hour!!!

Now, the second part is a bit easy – taking off the old ‘mish mash’ of curtain done by my wife and the curtain rails.

The third part is a bit tricky. I need to mark the holes for the screws of the blind’s bracket before drilling its holes. What makes it more harder is that I need to fix it on the ceiling. To do that, I needed help and help did I get – who else, my wifey. lucky my JJ was sleeping at that time. It was around 11am on Sunday. Marking and all was tricky so it took me about half an hour!!

This is the part I’ve been waiting for!! At last!! I will get to use my new toy. Drilling the holes is as easy as eating an ice cream… woooowiieee!! I enjoyed it buy I guess the neighbour above is a bit annoyed. I heard him knocking on their floor aka my ceiling when I was drilling. Who cares!!! It’s almost noon lah. Besides, they are I never complained when they always drag their tables, chairs etc. even in the middle of the night!! The only time I was annoyed with them is that when we find our clothes full of cigarettes ashes, thrown down from their balcony!!! I confronted that guy but he nonchalantly says it’s not him. Nevermind I say.. just keep your ashes inside your house I told him!! Drilling takes not more than an hour. It took me longer as I was playing around with the guy knocking above. I will stop a while and then started drilling again. He will start knocking. I will stop and drill again and again, just to make fun of him.

The last part will be fixing the whole system into place, firstly fixing the brackets and the the blinds itself. Job done!! All in all it took me about 3 hours to fix it!! It took me along time but I was satisfied with my end product… yippeeee!!

Here are some pictures I have taken AFTER I have finished, as I never had any intention to blog this in the first place. Anyway, it will distract me also if I go and take pictures in between.  I usually don’t like something else come in between when I do work – yepp, I am not really good in multi-tasking – but I am trying to improve myself in this area, as my job requires me to do so…

I rather not ask my wifey also… anyway, she is with JJ when I did the drilling, in case he woke up and get scared by the drilling sound.

potizukan03

potizukan02

This is the end product…

potizukan01

These are the tools involved, the idea to blog this is ‘realised’ when I was clearing up all the mess. You would have thought that I purposely arranged those tools that way, but actually no. I like to work when my tools are all order – easier for me and make my mind ‘clear’

 

Some explanation on the tools used (L – R, bottom – top):-

Calculator : to calculate the centre of the window

Pencils : for marking holes (should have bought the special pencil hehe)

The manual is under the calculator

Scissors and cutter : cutting open the pvc blinds box and etc

ruler : for making straight lines hahaha.. I can’t draw straight lines without a ruler, some people can, like architects

The Toy and accessories : self explanatory

Measuring tape : …

Hammer : to hammer in the lug into the drilled holes before you can screw

A bottle of drinking water (top centre) :  I don’t have to explain.. hehehee

 

My next project with my Toy will be to ‘dress-up’ the naked walls in my living room and of course my Liverpool Wall… I plan to hang pictures of the family there and i need to ‘relocate’ my Liverpool Wall somewhere else as it has been ‘taken over’ by my Library Shelves…  until next time, cheerioooo!!

7 comments:

Lab papa said...

My friend Hombi is a multi talented person that I have ever known. In addition, his work is so precise and neat. Once he helped me with drawing for my lab purpose and I still owe him for his help.

p/s I do have the exactly the same tool set you just bought it. 2 years ago it was only Rm50.

The Dusun Aroma said...

DIY is always better topinai. It looks your works are just wonderful.

Urmm... actually I would love to hear wifey suggestion on DIY thingy. They are slower but they read everything, we just act like we know everything :P

I did almost everything DIY for my house renovation and repair too, except 1 - replacing the burst water tank. Actually wanna do it my self but wife forbids ^.^ and it's pretty heavy to be handled by 1 person :P not to mention the time requires to complete -.-"

I had a plan once (if I have enuff money) I would build my own home single handedly.. keh keh keh! a bit too ambitious?.. maybe.

There are people done that in other country.. and I was made known that my late father did it -.-"

However... money is still not enuff :P (ahh alasan seja kali bah ini kan kekeke).

bah Thks for sharing topinai.. cuba daa ko taruh tu widget 'follow this blog'.. easier to note your updates :)

carolchs said...

well done hombi!
i have this mind set that a man must know these stuffs regardless of what background he is...hehehe

Hombidai said...

wah.. murah tu lab papa. the actual price ialah RM100++ nie tapi sudah diskaun konon..

Tobpinai DA... sama2 pula kita suka DIY ni. Ko lagi hebat lah.. hehehe.. my late father also build the house himself like your dad.. hmm.. hebat diurang kan. My dad is a carpenter so ada sikit juga itu 'gene' sia dapat hehehe

DA.. i too have the same idea as you.. mo buat sendiri konon... but its too ambitious lah i suppose... though it can be done hehehe

Chegu... what if a guy doesn't know these stuffs? even simple ones? hehehe

Hombidai said...

lab papa.. thanks for the compliment... tapi ada masa sia hantam saja juga hahaha

carolchs said...

if he is my husband, i'll say.."you must learn to do it or you rather see me, your wife do it? shame on you!"

hahaha...ndak bah...if a guy doesn't know how to do it...oh well, there's always another guy who knows how to do it i.e. itu om, itu filipino etc....heheh

Hombidai said...

LOL Chegu.. :)